President and Founder- Denton Baldwin
- Active within Fauquier County’s agricultural community- member of the Fauquier County Chamber of Commerce and Balanced Growth Alliance
- Received Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Compost Operator Training in 2011.
- Served in the U.S. Navy aboard the U.S.S. Decatur (DDG-73)- Operation ‘Enduring Freedom’
- Seven years’ experience in commercial diving contracting for the commercial shipping industry, U.S. Coast Guard and National Guard.
- Life-long resident of Fauquier County, Virginia
- To contact Denton, direct messages to Denton@freestatefarmsva.com
Operations Officers- Ashlea Smith
- Co-Chair, Organics Task Force for the National Capital Area.
- Program Coordinator, Trash Free Potomac Watershed Initiative, Alice Ferguson Foundation (2010- Feb 2012)
- Co-Organizer, Material Resource Sustainability Internship (2009-2012) with DC Dept. of Public Works, Washington Convention Center, DCPS, ECO City Farms, et al.
- Bachelor of Arts, George Mason University, 2010
- Lifelong Resident of Northern Virginia
- To contact Ashlea, direct messages to Ashlea@freestatefarmsva.com
Active Partners and Technical Support
|Energy Conversion Research Ventures, Inc. (ECORE)||Strategic Planning, Active Partner|
|Carson-Ashley & Assoc.||Planning, Engineering|
|Arent Fox, LLP||Legal Counsel|
|Kittelson & Associates, Inc.||Traffic Impact Analysis|
|Douglas Ross, J.D.||Legal Counsel, Anaerobic Digestion Advisor|
|Norfolk Southern Corporation||Rail feasibility analysis, transport|
|Dominion Resources GreenTech Incubator||Power generation expertise and feedback|
|Institute for Local Self-Reliance||Feedstock analysis|