Do you collected Fats, Oils & Grease in the Northern VA area? If so, we are seeking interest from collectors who wish to supply FOG to our anticipated anaerobic digestion + composting facility (anticipated opening Q3 2013).
Why are we interested in FOG? A proper mixture of spent cooking oil- as one example- mixed with higher percentages of food scraps and other agricultural and carbonaceous wastes makes for an excellent feedstock recipe for our two-step anaerobic digestion + compost curing process.
If you collect FOG in the Northern Virginia area, please send an email to Ashlea Smith at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address and phone number
- Company name and website
- Services provided
- Estimated amount of FOG collected per week or month (in gallons)
- Additional notes or contact information
Many of your initial questions may be answered by reviewing:
- Information for individual facilities interested in supplying organic waste for composting
- Announcement to Solid Waste Haulers
Issues such as what will be considered acceptable/unacceptable FOG feedstocks will be finalized as we near 2013. Please contact Ashlea Smith with your follow-up questions, Ashlea@freestatefarmsva.com, 703-217-8594.